Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

World Masters Games 2009
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: World Masters Games 2009

RE:World Masters Games 2009 24 Oct 2007 12:29 #13

Hi all,
Keep the emails coming- so far we are looking at over 20-25 teams with all 5 categories having enough for great competition.

We are also looking at holding the Australian Championships or the 2009 Oceania Championships just before or just after to give you all an extra incentive to come (with time for sightseeing in between of course).

The more names and numbers I have the greater the likelihood we will be included.
Please forward links to this forum to as many people as you can- especially in mainland Europe.
Thanks
Duncan
The topic has been locked.

RE:World Masters Games 2009 26 Oct 2007 01:32 #14

• Patrick
  • Gold Boarder
Another response from Kate:

Thanks for your inquiry regarding Canoe Polo at the Sydney 2009 World Masters Games.

At this stage, it is not on the agenda for the Games, however it HAS NOT been ruled out. The issue is currently with the Australian Canoeing Canoe Polo Committee – who is working on the proposal as we speak.

It must go through the International Federation, and our Games Advisory Committee before it is included in the Games. We would hope for some word on its inclusion before our Expression Of Interest goes live on our website in late November, and everything will be definite by mid-2008 when Registrations open.

Please chech back to our website for an update after mid-November. (Obviously I will email you directly if I hear anything sooner!)

Yours sincerely,
Kate.
Patrick Miller
Los Angeles Kayak Club
California, USA

RE:World Masters Games 2009 26 Oct 2007 02:35 #15

Thank you Patrick for sending Kate an email

Now if we can get more Europeans to express their interest, the next response could be even more positive.

Thanks for helping out in getting our sort into the Games.

Come on Master paddlers out there, send your email to Kate
J Leduc
Dig Deeper

RE:World Masters Games 2009 27 Oct 2007 04:25 #16

Hi all,
Please do NOT send Kate emails- send them to me instead. We are working VERY hard to ensure Polo is included and Kate is very supportive and I am in constant communication with her.
Also she is getting conflicting numbers from some countries which is only confusing the issue.
Please keep the responses coming- we are getting close to 30 teams in 5 categories.
Thnaks
Duncan

RE:World Masters Games 2009 27 Oct 2007 04:35 #17

Good evening Duncan,

Thanks for taking up the cause to make sure Canoe Polo is included in the WMG 2009 - you are doing great work

OK gang, everyone who has not yet sent an email stating your interest, please send your messages directly to Duncan
J Leduc
Dig Deeper

RE:World Masters Games 2009 18 Dec 2007 18:12 #18

Great work Duncan !!

We just got the word from the Organizing Committee that Canoe Polo has been included in the sports offered in 2009.

That is the best Xmas present I could have received.

Thank You to all the members who communicated their interest to the Organizing Committee over the last few months, and an especially large THANKS ! to Duncan who laboured selflessly on our behalf.

Now that our sport is in, we must organize ourselves and showup at the competition, whos is in ??
Go to their website at www.2009WorldMasters.com

Canada will have at least one team, maybe 2.

See you all Down Under
J Leduc
Dig Deeper
Time to create page: 1.57 seconds