Paddlefest Thanks
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Paddlefest Thanks

Paddlefest Thanks 23 Sep 2013 10:47 #1

• atbarber
  • Platinum Boarder
Folks

Thanks to all the volunteers that turned up at Junior Paddlefest to help out. Without your help this would not have been the hugh success it was. With around 320 juniors we

As another Paddlefest has come and gone I would like to thank the number of people from the club that put themselves forward to help run the sessions. It is only with these volunteers that this event could run at all.

Thanks especially to WWKC with Paul Donnelly, Gerry Mckay, Rob and Olivia and the rest of their team for all the hard work in putting this event together.

I was working with Andy McVey on the Polo pitches and we were kept busy all the times. The groups consisted of 7 groups of kids, of between 21 - 36 kids, from 7 different age groups, for 90minute sessions We ended up breaking each of these up into 3 smaller groups of around 10 each. The 3 sessions consisted of a skills session (expertly ran by Eoin Scanlon with a helper), a game session (ran by Michelle, Shane, Sinead, Eoin (17year old), and a mixture of people), and a land session (ran by myself - using a mixture of ball skill activities).

Thanks to all the helpers over the 2 days. Polo was well looked after and I believe we all enjoyed it (I know the kids did)
People I can remember helping with polo:
Andy me Vey (organiser and running the session)
Eoin Scanlon (Skills workshops)
Michelle Power (Game control and skills workshops)
Shane Grehan (full of enthusiasm- game control)
General helpers:
Eoin (17 year old) -both Sat and Sunday
Anna
Ruth
Sarah
Lourda
Dee
Dominika
Sinead
Amy
Antonio
Susan
Paul Kerr
Franzi

Thanks to all the helpers who give up their time to show our discipline to the new and up and coming paddlers from all over Ireland.
Last Edit: 23 Sep 2013 10:48 by atbarber.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.78 seconds