Longford 2012 Club Championships
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Longford 2012 Club Championships

Re: Longford 2012 Club Championships 24 Jul 2012 16:31 #7

• Clint
  • Gold Boarder
Just an update on the preparations..

The days are marching by now and we will soon all be changing into our smelly wet gear in the pursuit of some competitive fun!

It has been brought to my attention there is a typo on the entry form concerning the entry fee, the ICU Levy is not included in the €80 entry fee, so the entry fee should be €100 (including the €20 for National Committee Development Fund).

Directions from longford town are below.

As there is no shop in the village there will be a temporary shop set up by the guys in the Richmond Inn, they will sell you drinks, snacks, fruit, sandwiches etc.. to keep you energised.
There will be a BBQ on Saturday evening outside the Richmond Inn to feed those hungry guts and hopefully a bit of music in the lounge of the Richmond Inn on Saturday night.

To facilitate any passing boat traffic a condition of closing the harbour to navigation means we have to timetable in a break both days between 1pm-2pm, we request that you do your best to help keep the competition running on time so we can meet this schedule.

Toilets are showers are available beside the harbour, these are belonging to Waterways Ireland who have granted us access for their use, however, they work on a smart card system, there will be cards hanging outside the toilets to gain access, if a shower is desired you will have to purchase a Waterways Ireland Smart Card from the Richmond Inn or from the Waterways Ireland Office. The card has a number of units on it and a single shower will deduct a unit or two, A 10 unit card should provide a team with a shower each.

Camping on the grass are between the pitchs and the river, there is no cost for camping.

Bins will be provided around the harbour please help us keep the area tidy by using them, the locals are very proud of their amenity and are thrilled to host this event so we want to do all we can to continue to use this venue.

If you have any questions please dont hesitate to contact me.

Teams are just being finalised now and we have a late comer into div3 making it a total of 21 teams entered, a fantastic turn out!

Div1
Swink
Demons
WWKC/Carnage
Team Yeomans
Kamikaze

Div2
Aqua Cats
De Dannan
Grade 5
Pyranahs
Pyramid
Belfast
Newly Weds
Thomastown

Div3
Barracudas
Summer Bay High
UCD Stars
Breffni Bouys

Womens
Banba
GKC Ladies
Boszi
UCD Ladies

longford_dirs.JPG

Leave longford town by following the N5 for Westport, about 6.5-7km you will come to a right hand bend with a turn to the left into Clondra (Cloondara) contimue up into the village, the harbour is on the right hand side before the bridge, those camping can park over the other side of the bridge beside the playground. Please do not park on the grass areas and when parking along the harbour leave room for residents.

longford_layout.JPG

photo1.JPG
Last Edit: 24 Jul 2012 16:38 by Clint.

Re: Longford 2012 Club Championships 26 Jul 2012 13:58 #8

• Clint
  • Gold Boarder
Oky doky.. after much head scratching and plenty of cups of tea the timetable is ready and up for scrutineering..
I have done my very best to avoid a situation where Women playing in div2 and Ladies division will have games back to back I think it suits everyone..

If you spot any errors in it please let me know

File Attachment:

File Name: Timetable_Longford2012.pdf
File Size: 45 KB
Last Edit: 26 Jul 2012 13:58 by Clint.

Re: Longford 2012 Club Championships 30 Jul 2012 10:55 #9

• Clint
  • Gold Boarder
Just a follow up post to say thanks to everyone who attended, supported and helped out in any way big or small over the weekend, there was a brilliant atmosphere and some really exciting competitive games.

From our first competition at Clondra last year the entries have doubled, making this the biggest competition so far this year. It is great to see new faces in division 3 and teams who have played lower divisions progressing and moving up and competing with the stronger teams. We had some college teams playing too, many thanks to those on the national committee who have worked very hard to raise the profile of polo in the colleges and run the colleges league during last winter/spring.

we also hosted a Ladies division, with some of the more experienced players on Banba showing they still have the skills when it counts, beating Boszi 1-0 with a late goal in the second half of the final.

All the finals were very close games which could have gone either way, making the winners really earn their victory. I think the highlight of the weekend was the division 1 final between Kilcock's Demons and NKCC Swink, always a local derby, Swink managed to get ahead 5-2 and Demons played hard to earn 2 goals back but full time came before they could equalise. Crowning NKCC Swink Club Champions 2012 and putting a stop to Kilcock's 6 year domination of the club championships.

Interestingly, there were very little cards used by the referees over the weekend, a total of 7 green, 0 yellow and 0 red cards across 50 games!

So, the final standings are:

Womens
1st Banba
2nd Boszi
3rd GKC Ladies

Division 3
1st UCD Stars
2nd Summer Bay High
3rd Breffni Bouys

Division 2
1st Pyramid
2nd Newly Weds
3rd Pyranahs

Division 1
1st Swink
2nd Demons
3rd Kamikaze
Last Edit: 30 Jul 2012 11:07 by Clint.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rob Y

Re: Longford 2012 Club Championships 31 Jul 2012 10:12 #10

• Sean Mc
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks to Ciaran and everyone who helped him for organising the weekend. It was great to see so many teams, including some new teams, coming along for the weekend.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side, and it holds the universe together

http://www.skynet.ie/~seanmc

Re: Longford 2012 Club Championships 01 Aug 2012 23:06 #11

I put some pictures of the competition on flickr if anybody is intersted.
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjB5Wqtj
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.86 seconds