Username Password: Remember me

University Canoe Polo League 2011/2012
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: University Canoe Polo League 2011/2012

University Canoe Polo League 2011/2012 01 Apr 2012 21:04 #1

• Rob Y
  • Gold Boarder
This weekend saw the end of the 1st Annual (hopefully) University League being held on the canal at Phibsborough.

Over all there were 13 University teams entered into the league which started back Sept/Oct with the clubs playing 4 games over the previous 6 months and finished with a 1 day event last Saturday.

On behalf of myself and Elaine we'd like to thank all the teams who came down yesterday, to Aido for helping set up, Art for dealing with WWI and ensuring we had pitches on the day, GMIT for bringing down the floating goals, MUCK for letting us keep them in their trailer, NUIG & UL for providing spare boats for some other colleges, Elaine for the nagging emails/calls, NCPC & Annie, NKCC for lending hanging goals, Justin & Darragh for reffing Semi's/Finals, everyone else I have forgotten, and finally all the clubs/driver/polo players over the last 6 months for playing and putting in the effort to make the league work!!

Also a big thanks to USIT for sponsoring part of the winners prize - the entry fee to the Galway Open June 2nd/3rd.

Hopefully everyone enjoyed the league and can take something positive away from it, and we can build on this years success in the future!!

Rob!

Final results:

1. NUIG
2. UCC
3. ULKC
4. MUCK
5. GMITC
6. NUIG GIRLS
7. UCD
8. DCU
9. TCD
10. DIT
11. CIT
12. UCC GIRLS
13. UCD GIRLS
Last Edit: 01 Apr 2012 21:20 by Rob Y.

Re: University Canoe Polo League 2011/2012 09 Apr 2012 12:55 #2

• Sean Mc
  • Gold Boarder
Well done Rob & Elaine for getting this comp going. It's great to see so many college teams participating. Hopefully the colleges that didn't enter this time around will take part next year.

Seán Mc
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side, and it holds the universe together

http://www.skynet.ie/~seanmc
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rob Y
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.77 seconds