Username Password: Remember me

Website euro 2009 seems more like German open 2009
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Website euro 2009 seems more like German open 2009

Website euro 2009 seems more like German open 2009 23 Aug 2009 09:30 #1

• matthijs
  • Junior Boarder
The opening page website of the euro 2009 only gives comment about the german games. I had the assumption this is an international tournament and not some sort of german club tournament.

RE:Website euro 2009 seems more like German open 2009 24 Aug 2009 14:24 #2

It seems that the Germans did not lose only the top spot in the Senior Men's division to Italy but also to the entire world with their very shoddy management of keeping viewers informed up-to-date with the results.

It is incredible that the final results were posted in German also on the English page. Was there not a single person in the organisation who could have posted that in English'?

Also it seems that many countries names were badly misspelled. Ouch!

RE:Website euro 2009 seems more like German open 2009 25 Aug 2009 08:40 #3

• Gewy
I agree +10000 to your comments. I think that the organization has some explanations to give about the worst site I have ever seen. Any first year student in computer science is abled to do much more better !! And yes it is an international event, english should have been the main language. In 5 minutes I am abled to find peoples ready to do a professional web site in 2 or 3 languages for free. So saying that there is no money for this sport is not an argument. Having only comments on the German games is a sign of a very "amateur" organization. I don't think that German people want to promote this sport.

RE:Website euro 2009 seems more like German open 2009 26 Aug 2009 11:42 #4

• AsgerS
  • Platinum Boarder
For those of you who could not make it to Essen:

The event itself was well organized.

Cheers, Asger.

RE:Website euro 2009 seems more like German open 2009 26 Aug 2009 12:16 #5

I totally agree with you on the physical organisation, as were the case in the many events that I played in Essen in the past, the organisation was always flawless.

That does not go for the website management and referring to that issue I stand on my last post. As a matter of fact, it is amazing that still after 3 days from when the results have been posted, on the English language page all the text is still in German!

Go check it out!

AsgerS wrote:
For those of you who could not make it to Essen:

The event itself was well organized.

Cheers, Asger.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.35 seconds