Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Age

RE:Age 26 Jun 2008 07:40 #7

• Hibrace
  • Gold Boarder
Paddy was an inspiration. Went on my first river and sea trip with Paddy. Guess from threads that there are two hibraces.

Maybe the question should have been is if you are old and grumpy is it time to give up?
Notso... I'm still smiling!

RE:Age 26 Jun 2008 14:52 #8

• George
  • Expert Boarder
I've not......
George

RE:Age 26 Jun 2008 15:48 #9

• meg
  • Expert Boarder
Josh is Hibrace on the stirling forum - but isn't that cos he got the username from the original Hibrace (Chris?) I could be wrong - go on and identify yourself, old grumpy one!

Anyway - I agree, you are never to old to participate in a sport you enjoy. If you stop enjoying it, then that's different, but don't let anyone tell you, you are too old.

(scotland was represented by a player in their 50s last weekend)

RE:Age 26 Jun 2008 17:37 #10

Age is only part of it, if you are still enjoying and able to make the challenge keep going. Still "patricipate" in slalom. Retired from Polo mainly as I no longer had the time to organise a team and drag their sorry asses down to the Central Belt to play. Enjoyed the excursions this year, albeit would prefer to limit to day events or short events - trying to organsie a team for 4-6 sessions and training is no longer fun!

But as Brian; Jackie and Meikle are all of a comtemporary age (a year or two younger I think) it shows that you can still perform whilst you count down to the big 50!

RE:Age 26 Jun 2008 20:43 #11

• Hibrace
  • Gold Boarder
you are correct meg.
Notso... I'm still smiling!

RE:Age 27 Jun 2008 16:53 #12

well how confusing! In that case i'll swap the numbers around - chris you will have to be 81 before thinking of retiring!

maybe you need to respark your polo career by joining us friday lot for a training session
Time to create page: 0.88 seconds