Div Four North
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Div Four North

Div Four North 17 Jun 2008 12:00 #1

• Polo Boy
  • Gold Boarder
Hey there,
This thread has two pourposes;
First of all, I am looking for any players who would want to go play in Divison 4 North down in England? Obviously there will be trasport costs on top of the fee of £40 registraion and £70 tournement. However i feel that if people who are wanting to achieve more in polo, then this would be a great oppertunity.

Secondly, this is to anyone who knows about tournements down south:

"Club Affiliation – any team applying for a national league place must be affiliated to the BCU, CA, WCA, or CANI."

Does this mean an SCA membership would be invalid and would have to get another type?

All in all I would need to put in a team by the 30th of June, though i dont need definte details on whos playing till first tourney. So... need 6 enthused players at least... preferably some who can drive.

RE:Div Four North 17 Jun 2008 14:44 #2

when its says north what town does it mean?

RE:Div Four North 17 Jun 2008 22:54 #3

• Polo Boy
  • Gold Boarder
I have just posted a thread on the GB forums to find out... couldnt find anywhere that said? Alison you have any idea?

RE:Div Four North 18 Jun 2008 11:28 #4

• Polo Boy
  • Gold Boarder
Its not been decided yet but it will probably be in Stockport which is just south of Manchester... Anyone up for it?

RE:Div Four North 18 Jun 2008 16:03 #5

• George
  • Expert Boarder
North is a big area (but still in England as its the BCU) Chris.
It will either be Stockport which is about 3.5 hr drive one way or the new Leed pool which is a big pool! This is a new pool and they are looking to get good use from it.
You can compete under your SCA membership, thats not a problem.
I would look at a squad of 7 players as it will become evident that not everyone will make all the dates. This has been my experience in the past.
Get in there.
George

RE:Div Four North 18 Jun 2008 17:49 #6

• Graeme T
  • Fresh Boarder
If you can get a good team together, idealy with the 7people then i would be intrested, will ask james and keith. James would need to know date in advance as he works off-shore so may miss some. will be in touch
Time to create page: 0.76 seconds