Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Is Rapperswil-Jona Unstoppable?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is Rapperswil-Jona Unstoppable?

Is Rapperswil-Jona Unstoppable? 03 Jan 2011 13:53 #1

After 30 years and 21 editions of international canoe polo tournaments are we finally on the brink of seeing the Swiss Division I team K.C. Rapperswil-Jona taking home the coveted Franco Baschirotto Memorial Challenge Trophy, having won it in 2009 and in 2010?

According to the tournament rules, any team which wins the event three times, not necessarily in consecutive years, will be able to take home permanently the Trophy. Even though we will be finally content in seeing a team taking full possess of the award which, battered over the years will find a permanent home in some prestigious clubhouse in Europe or beyond.

This situation had repeated itself once before during the 1986 edition when the Italian double champions team ‘Isac Castelfranco Veneto’, winners in 1983 and in 1984 returned to try and conquer their third win. They lost out in the finals and have since disbanded.

It is an act of love once a year in July to carry over to San Giorgio di Nogaro the gigantic trophy which weighs over 25 kilograms and has to be lifted each time by at least two strong persons and transported in a van as it will not fit on the seat of a normal car.

There is no doubt that we will be happy to see it finally leave our clubhouse as I am sure too will the team players from Rapperswil. But will other teams be happy to step aside, or will they rally to arms by coming to challenge the Swiss in July and do their best in stopping them?

To make the challenge to this year’s event worthwhile, we will be offering a one-time incentive cash sum of € 500.00 (five hundred Euros) to any winning team, in the hope that this year’s event will see some tough competition on the pitch, hopingly which will at least give Rapperswil a good run for their worth in this important and historic edition.

The gauntlet has been thrown, now we have to wait and see which teams will come and pick it up and do Battle!

http://www.natisonekayakclub.org/downloads.html
The topic has been locked.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.64 seconds