Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Missing Polo Balls from Oceania Champs
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Missing Polo Balls from Oceania Champs

Missing Polo Balls from Oceania Champs 18 Apr 2007 14:56 #1

At the conclusion of the Australian and Oceania Canoe Polo Championships last week, the CSA Polo Organising Committee was VERY disapointed to discover that 15 of the 18 brand new Mikasa Polo balls purchased for the competition had been "souvenired" by players unknown.

These balls- Mikasa 6000 Fina Official Water Polo Mens size- in blue and yellow, and Mikasa 5509 Womens Water Polo Ball in Pink colour with green writing are easily recognisable and quite expensive and were due to be used by CSA Polo in the coming year for local and summer series competitions and development programs.

As a small organisation we cannot afford this loss and we would like them returned ASAP!!!

If you become aware of anyone in your local region training with one of these balls- (the pink balls in particular will stand out as they are quite rare), please can you suggest to the owner they return it- no questions asked to me at 13 Hayes Court West Lakes SA 5021 Australia.

I find it very disappointing that this has occurred given the amount of time, effort and money that the organising committee put into hosting this event- to make it the success that it was, only to have this theft of equipment as repayment for their efforts.

I can only hope that some individuals consciences get the better of them and the balls are returned.

Duncan Cochrane
Chairperson
AC Canoe Polo Committee
Ph +61 (0)409 092 985
Fax +61 (0)8 8242 2574
www.kayaksplus.com
The topic has been locked.

RE:Missing Polo Balls from Oceania Champs 21 Apr 2007 09:04 #2

• Emma J H
  • Expert Boarder
I am gutted to say that I found one of the men's balls at a Hawkes Bay training on Thursday night. I've talked to the person who has it and they have advised they will give it to me, and I will send it back to you to ensure it gets there.

I only hope the other 14 find their way back where they belong. After such a neat competition, it is really disappointing that this has happened.

RE:Missing Polo Balls from Oceania Champs 21 Apr 2007 10:53 #3

Thanks Emma,
Hopefully more will follow suit soon.
Duncan
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.96 seconds