Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

World Masters Games 2009
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: World Masters Games 2009

World Masters Games 2009 28 Oct 2007 01:03 #1

Hi All,
The World Masters Games are to be held in October 2009 in Sydney. This is one of the biggest participation sporting events in the world. Polo was part of the last games in Edmonton in 2005 and I am trying to ensure it remains in the 2009 games. The dates are likely to be October 10/11/12 at the Penrith Regatta Centre or next to the White Water Stadium.

The event is aimed at club teams- not regional or national teams so it could be huge.

Age groups are likely to be 30+ competative and 30+ Social, 45+ competitive and 45+ social, and ladies 30+.

So far I have indications from about 15-20 club teams from Australia and about the same from overseas- so it will probably be a 3 day competition. It would be great to see a good bunch from South Africa as well. (It is also likely we will hold either the 2009 Australian Championships or the 2009Oceania Champs (subject to NZ permission) the weekend before. October 1,2,3, 4.

If anyone is thinking of sending a team can you please email me asap at duncan@kayaksplus.com.au - the more the better as that will increase our chances of inclusion.

I will then pass on the numbers to the WMG organisers.

thanks
Duncan Cochrane
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds