Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Results?

RE:Results? 28 Jul 2008 13:10 #205

• Media
  • Expert Boarder
We are trying to get the final games up on you tube, but one of our video volunteers, had trouble and could not make it out so we are a little slow. We have the finals all taped, and just have to download and convert.

So a little patience and they will be at http://www.youtube.com/user/2008CanoePoloWorlds
The topic has been locked.

RE:Results? 28 Jul 2008 17:10 #206

Hi theeconomist,
I've got no bone to grind with you. Media did an excellent job on this website, he has shown more than his mettle with last night's marathon where one hell of a lot of guys like myself were glued to this page for his constant updates.

Its the official site which I had mentioned which sucked! They should have been the ones to be more professional as they knew that the (canoe polo) world would have been checking their website for updates, and because of them dragging their feet instead everyone was logged in here.

Hopefully, the next organisers (who happen to be Italian) will step up to the plate and learn from these glaring mistakes. I am more than sure that they are fully capable of doing things 'the right way'.

theeconomist wrote:
I agree with you, michielv. @ Media/Chris: You have done a great job providing us with the information and keeping the world up to date. However, I think things could have been a lot easier if web-space and a pre-made platform would have been provided. There are a lot of tools that make life in the web easier, so why not use them? And with an improved web appearance things would really be a lot easier for everybody. Hey, deacon, don’t be too demanding. Concerning the results, we have been really up to date yesterday.

RE:Results? 28 Jul 2008 17:26 #207

Hey, the deacon!

I didn't want to bother you. But if you check out page 3 or 4 of this thread, you find for media: Chris Goss Media Coordinator 2008 World Canoe Polo Championships.

So, might be that Chris is also responsible for the official homepage but things were easier to update in this forum.

Nevertheless, I completely agree with you on your other points. So, hopefully, the next (official) organizers will be more careful with this. If you (the Italiens) need help, ask the world organizing champions (the Germans). Might be a bit overregulated in this case but you will at least have 2 emergency plans if the first emergency plan fails.

RE:Results? 29 Jul 2008 03:41 #208

• Media
  • Expert Boarder
photos by RGBrown

RE:Results? 29 Jul 2008 03:55 #209

• Media
  • Expert Boarder
Congraduation Catherine, Canada is proud of you.

RE:Results? 29 Jul 2008 04:01 #210

• Media
  • Expert Boarder
photos by RGBrown
Time to create page: 0.91 seconds