Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

English team seeks teams to play on European tour!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: English team seeks teams to play on European tour!

English team seeks teams to play on European tour! 02 Nov 2005 22:18 #1

• Catherine
We are a team of english university students, we hope to go on a canoe polo tour of Europe in late august/early september 2006. We are looking for teams who would be willing to host us to play a few games on one day! Preferably in the Czech Republic but if anyone else would welcome us then please let me know! Can anyone make any suggestions of who might be interested? Maybe a university?

Thankyou!
Cat, Birmingham University, England

RE:English team seeks teams to play on European tour! 03 Nov 2005 07:59 #2

Hi,
Are you guys going to be in the Netherlands?
Rob.

RE:English team seeks teams to play on European tour! 03 Nov 2005 08:14 #3

• Evi
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Cat!

If you come to Budapest, let me know and we will surely organise something. At least one team there will be to play with you, but maybe more women's team or beginer boys can also come.

So, keep in touch!

Catherine wrote:
We are a team of english university students, we hope to go on a canoe polo tour of Europe in late august/early september 2006. We are looking for teams who would be willing to host us to play a few games on one day! Preferably in the Czech Republic but if anyone else would welcome us then please let me know! Can anyone make any suggestions of who might be interested? Maybe a university?

Thankyou!
Cat, Birmingham University, England

RE:English team seeks teams to play on European tour! 03 Nov 2005 13:15 #4

• Lanoch
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Catherine
we will held our anual tournament probably the first weekend in September in Lipno(South Bohemia) close to Austrian border.
We should have some teams from Hungary, Germany and Switzerland, so it would probably be OK for you to come as well. I t is two day tournament, but if you feel to stay just one day it is OK as well
otherwise we can arrange some games on our lake in Prague, preferably on weekend
Regards
Lanoch

RE:English team seeks teams to play on European tour! 04 Nov 2005 11:12 #5

• Catherine
Hi everyone!
Thankyou for sounding so welcoming - we are only just beginning to plan our tour so hopefully we can arrange to come to all the countries where we are welcome to come and play!
I will speak to my club and try and make some plans over the next few weeks and hope that we can come and see all of your countries, play some Canoe Polo and meet with the nicest people in the world - kayakers!

I think that budapest and czech republic sound great places to visit and play polo, and we do also definitely hope to visit the netherlands as we hope to get a ferry back to england from there.

What standard do your teams play at? Most of us have only been playing about 2 years so we are not very experienced! However we just want to have some friendly matches so maybe we can mix teams up and have some players from each club in each team, to even out the teams!

RE:English team seeks teams to play on European tour! 23 Jun 2008 08:01 #6

• Evi
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Cat!

There will be a nice tournament in Budapest 26-27th July. As far as I know the checz temas comes as well. We will solve somehow the teams, that's sure. We usually play women category also with the checz girls. So it is a nice opportunity to visit Bp. The checz teams usually sleep in tents at the pitch and we will have a kind of party there, but if you prefer you can sleep in our house. Just let me know in time.

Catherine wrote:
Hi everyone!
Thankyou for sounding so welcoming - we are only just beginning to plan our tour so hopefully we can arrange to come to all the countries where we are welcome to come and play!
I will speak to my club and try and make some plans over the next few weeks and hope that we can come and see all of your countries, play some Canoe Polo and meet with the nicest people in the world - kayakers!

I think that budapest and czech republic sound great places to visit and play polo, and we do also definitely hope to visit the netherlands as we hope to get a ferry back to england from there.

What standard do your teams play at? Most of us have only been playing about 2 years so we are not very experienced! However we just want to have some friendly matches so maybe we can mix teams up and have some players from each club in each team, to even out the teams!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.78 seconds