Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

best player in the world!!!!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: best player in the world!!!!

RE:best player in the world!!!! 31 Aug 2006 13:01 #25

• wayne
  • Senior Boarder
Nope, can't work it out. I mean, who needs to keep their identity secret in the world of canoe polo? It's not really like the mafia. ARe you going to start stalking me yelling SWIMMERRRR KERRRRR at me down the street before the police arrest you and take you in your urine drenched trousers to a hostel for the night which you will abscond from because they threaten to confiscate your supply of smack and spend the night drunk in a bus shelter screaming abuse at passing pigeons before you succomb to hypothermia? Why Belize? Is it a clue? Play on the word Bellies? Are you a very fat person? Why the Bug - did you paddle the notoriously ripped off revenge, or are you just infected with something?

Anyway good luck to you, Belize needs canoe polo and it sound like you'e the man to bring it to them!

Paul
Paul Kerr Bere Forest
The topic has been locked.

RE:best player in the world!!!! 31 Aug 2006 14:55 #26

• The Bug
  • Senior Boarder
When considering the best player in the world one has to address every issue not just what one sees on the pitch.Theres a lot more that goes into being a top player than just a couple of good performances and chomping on a piece of chewing gum trying to look cool for the crowd.
Back home i feel i am a great player and the village i am from seem to think so to,but i am just a small fish in a big pond and there are many small fish around it appears to me.
I would urge Anton to keep training hard and one day your dreams may come true,i believe mine will as i train as hard as i can when the harvest season has finished.
As for Mr KERR he truly has a good imagination about myself,i am just another polo fan with dreams and ambition and i usually leave urinating on myself until i'm in my boat when it's cold.

RE:best player in the world!!!! 31 Aug 2006 16:07 #27

• The Wasp
  • Fresh Boarder
I play in the same team as the bug and we can't work out what this chewing gum is? Surely there is a chance of choking at big matches when you put your all into it.

RE:best player in the world!!!! 31 Aug 2006 23:01 #28

• The Bug
  • Senior Boarder
The talk in the village is about this number 5 France and boat control,yes thats important but what about the aspects of polo ie passing shooting,5 out ,blocking etc surely we have to look at this,or is he the best player because he does great dips and spins,i ask you,please????
Think about what you write and why before you shout out random names that you have heard about on the grape vine.The complete player is what we are talking about.
That doesn't mean they also have to play in the top teams either,take for instance Brad from Canada,without his influence where would they be,he's been a great player for them for many years.
Listen to the bug,you might learn something,i might not attend the championships but i study the videos,they tell a different story.
As they say in my country,it takes more than one Bee to make a hive,think about it!

RE:best player in the world!!!! 01 Sep 2006 00:14 #29

The Bug wrote:
The talk in the village is about this number 5 France and boat control,yes thats important but what about the aspects of polo ie passing shooting,5 out ,blocking etc surely we have to look at this,or is he the best player because he does great dips and spins,i ask you,please????
Think about what you write and why before you shout out random names that you have heard about on the grape vine.

It's interesting that you think that I have just shouted out this name randomly from things that I have heard and not from 1. Actually being there, and 2. from having played against these very players and teams, among others, on several occasions.

Besides that, as I re-read my original post, you will see that I never actually stated that he is the best player in the world, just put it out there that there are many great players in the mens division, and that his boat control was above the normal at international level.

The Chewing gum reference is to Alan Vessey, who's name has been put forward in the discussions of who is the best player in the world for as long as I have heard best players being talked about.
Perfect Practice Prevents Piss Poor Performance

RE:best player in the world!!!! 01 Sep 2006 13:27 #30

• The Bug
  • Senior Boarder
Anton i hear you,although i have not played at top level as yet but am still striving to do so and you have,i am still unsure about your choice as best player?I am at a loss as to where people get there opinions from?Do they listen to the general tittle tattle at the venues or do they really understand what goes on ,I am unsure as i don't compete at the top level?
As for the chewing gum remark,it was not aimed at anyone in particular but if thats what will make me a better player,chewing gum as the top players do,Im off to order some on e bay if you think it will help.I would like to know how many players in the French team chew during games?Maybe it is something we both should consider for improving our game?
Thanks for the advice:thumbdown
Time to create page: 0.83 seconds