Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Women u-21

RE:Women u-21 01 Jul 2005 15:12 #7

OK, What happens now? Does this mean that we don't have a competition as the French and Italian Federations have let us down. Are there any other nationions with U21 teams. I feel sorry for the players from those nations, as I'm sure they would have made good quality competition.

How are we supposed to improve Ladies Polo without a U21 system to develop players? I also notice that this catigory has been dropped from the World Champioships!

Paul
The topic has been locked.

RE:Women u-21 01 Jul 2005 15:46 #8

I agree with Paul, this is very disappointing.

I think that it is significant to note that at least 4 of the top 6 countries in Ladies polo have strong U21 teams, GB, Germany, New Zealand & Japan. This goes to show that development helps to feed your senior sides and breeds champions.

Both GB and Germany sent U21 sides to the Flanders Cup last weekend and we managed to beat a number of Senior National sides and came close to a few others, it would be a shame if these teams were not able to show their skill on a bigger stage.

Are any other Nations looking at entering teams? I know that the Netherlands has had a team in the past as has Hungry...any body else?

RE:Women u-21 04 Jul 2005 09:38 #9

• river
  • Expert Boarder
Hello!

I was wondering if there is going to celebrate the U-21 Women categorie!

Can someone give me an official ECA opinion?

RE:Women u-21 11 Jul 2005 18:01 #10

As far as GB U21 are concerned, we are still going, Our flights were booked a few weeks ago.
What are the other federations telling thier coaches? Have Germany, Poland or Spain been told anything yet?

I was also wondering if we could enter 2 teams from a single nation to make up numbers. GB could field a B team as could Germany.

RE:Women u-21 10 Aug 2005 23:24 #11

• xyz
Polish Canoe Federation will send U-21 women and men's teams...they can get better position, hmmm...and maybe medal?
But they decided (some very smart guys) that they don't want senior team (no more) so we'll (women team) not go there and we will loose chance to qualification for World........nice.

RE:Women u-21 23 Aug 2005 10:07 #12

• Evi
  • Senior Boarder
Hi!

Does anyone know if the Organising Committee will modify the groups now, when the polish girls won't come?

Thanks

Evi

xyz wrote:
Polish Canoe Federation will send U-21 women and men's teams...they can get better position, hmmm...and maybe medal?
But they decided (some very smart guys) that they don't want senior team (no more) so we'll (women team) not go there and we will loose chance to qualification for World........nice.
Time to create page: 0.97 seconds