Username Password: Remember me

Looking for a club
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Looking for a club

Looking for a club 03 Jan 2009 14:39 #1

• paup
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all, I am working in DK for the next 6 months, based in Hillerod. I normally do white water kayaking at home in Ireland, but we do play some polo and I am keen to keep up with my polo development while i'm away. I still only a beginner but I would really like to advance. If anyone can suggest a club near Hillerod, I would be willing to travel to Copenhagen for training and games (evenings and weekends). Your help would be most appreciated. I've tried kano-kajak.dk but I don't know how up to date it is. Tak, Paul.

RE:Looking for a club 05 Jan 2009 09:25 #2

• Lang
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Paul and welcome to Denmark:thumbup:

There are 3 clubs situated in and around Copenhagen: Holte (20 km from Hillerød), Skovshoved (30 km) and Copenhagen (40 km). I am sure they will all welcome you!

If you can tell me which division you play in Ireland it will be easier to specify the training times for the teams at your level in the 3 clubs and then you can choose which clubs suits you the best.

Regarding matches there is no weekly tournament in Denmark as DCPL or the like but during the summer a league at all levels is played over 5 tournaments. In the winter there is a tournament especially for developing teams but I will have to get some more information about this.

Frederik (Copenhagen)

RE:Looking for a club 06 Jan 2009 08:07 #3

• paup
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Frederik, thank you for your help.

Back in Ireland we train with a mix of Div 1 to Div 3 teams. I imagine that I would start with a Div. 3 or Div. 2 team here in Denmark. I don't have a boat or any gear, so a club that provides this would be good. Thanks again.

Paul.

RE:Looking for a club 06 Jan 2009 08:54 #4

• Lang
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Paul

All clubs have gear for you to get started.

Ok, we have 3 divisions in Denmark: 2nd, 1st and the "league" so you can check out the training for the team in div 2 first and see what you think. There is a weekly training on mondays from 20.00 to 21.30 and you are probably welcome to meet up an hour early (at 19.00) where there is some basic canoepolo training for beginners. Furthermore every friday there is a technical training session for all levels from 17.00 to 18.30 and afterwards a mini tournament is played from 18.30 to 20.00.

All sessions take place in Fælledbadet which is a 25m pool situated in Fælledparken. This is around 35 km from Hillerød but I don't know how long it wil take you by public transport.

Hopefully someone from Holte and Skovshoved will provide some alternatives to choose from.

Frederik

RE:Looking for a club 07 Jan 2009 08:41 #5

• Shouter
Hey Paul you are more than welcome to train with us. We are a 2. division team with players of different skills so you will surely fit in.

My phonenumber are 21673765 Thomas Møller

We play thursdays at 19.30-21.30(22)

sundays 16.00-18.00

Thomas - Holte Canoepolo
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.28 seconds