Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Difference between Dynamic and Diamond Dynamic?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Difference between Dynamic and Diamond Dynamic?

Difference between Dynamic and Diamond Dynamic? 26 Sep 2014 08:15 #1

• michielv
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi all,

I currently paddle an old Dynamic (with the old style exterior bumpers) which I like but I am thinking of treating myself to a new boat (it's been a few years), a Diamond Dynamic with integrated bumpers etc. As I do not have the funds for an original DPP it will have to be a licensed copy by Tedisport. I have paddled a Tedisport K1 in the past and this was a very fine boat so I guess the polo models will be fine too.

But before I splash out my hard earned pennies, what difference is there between the regular Dynamic (with integratd bumpers) and the Diamond Dynamic? Based on the descriptons on the DPP site I suspect the Diamond to be more agile/manouvrable?

Thanks for all input, cheers,
Michiel

Re: Difference between Dynamic and Diamond Dynamic? 14 Oct 2014 21:34 #2

Mainly the Diamond is supposed to be more agile yeah, but the Diamond also rises out of the water faster when accelerating so you can accelerate faster with it.

Though that is based on what I observe during tournaments, I've never paddled a Diamond and I paddle in a regular Dynamic.

Hope this helps

Re: Difference between Dynamic and Diamond Dynamic? 23 Oct 2014 16:50 #3

• michielv
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the reply! Yesterday I made up my mind and ordered a Tedisport Dynamic Diamond so in a few weeks I'll be able to compare the two boats.

Constantijn, perhaps we (Natsec, Vlaardingen) should pay Levitas a visit and train together, if you happen to train during the weekends? On weekdays most of us have to work etc. so we can't make it then. It would be fun and you could try the diamond.

Cheers,
Michiel

Re: Difference between Dynamic and Diamond Dynamic? 27 Oct 2014 14:31 #4

Usually Levitas trains during the weekdays, though now that its dark early we stopped training with a goal and bal and focus on paddleling. We don't have lights on the water

Contact kanopolocie@levitas.nl with a few dates that NATSEC can come over. Then they can check when we have enough players that can train on one of those dates.

my Dynamic is the S version so I think I don't have enough weight to try your Diamond but training with you guys would be fun

Re: Difference between Dynamic and Diamond Dynamic? 30 Oct 2014 09:13 #5

• michielv
  • Platinum Boarder
My boat will be an L-size as I can't fit the S (or M) by a long shot

However, we do have a young lady in our team who would be dying to try your (or anyone else's) smaller sized boat as we have only big boys' boats (1,90 75+ kilo boys) at the club.

Most of us work during the week (shifts) so we do most of our group training during the weekend (strength training on our own/small groups during the week).

Anyway, I'll contact the polo committee and see if we can get a date. It would be fun. Just in case, would it be fun to have a friendly tournament with Rijnland as well?

Cheers, Michiel
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.70 seconds