Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Canoepolo ball - Please no Conti..
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Canoepolo ball - Please no Conti..

Canoepolo ball - Please no Conti.. 22 May 2014 13:23 #1

• paul_s
  • Senior Boarder
Hi,

Since the ICF got Conti as a sponsor we play a lot with the Conti waterpolo ball. I don't like and all my team mates don't like . I don't know anyone who likes it. Some people say it is ok but that is it.

I think playing with a Conti is more difficult and makes the sport less attractive. Less nice goals and less good passes.
What do you think?

My personal favorite is the mikasa trainings ball. It is cheap and the grip is good. Why don't we say byebye Conti? The only reason we use Conti's is because you have to get used to them very good and a lot of opponents want to use them / they are used on the ICF/ECA tournaments.

Re: Canoepolo ball - Please no Conti.. 24 May 2014 10:55 #2

• Sean Mc
  • Gold Boarder
I fail to see how the ball is making the sport less attractive or even affecting people's passing that much.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side, and it holds the universe together

http://www.skynet.ie/~seanmc

Re: Canoepolo ball - Please no Conti.. 23 Jul 2014 13:35 #3

Conti is an official sponsor of ICF Canoe Polo Polo as as such the balls are used in All ICF World Championships and most continental Championships and many national leagues. Other companies have also been approached in the past but declined to even give us free or cheaper balls.
We are VERY lucky to have Conti as sponsor and not only are the balls of a good quality, but most say they also last longer and are cheaper.
The money from the sponsorship deal stays within ICF Canoe Polo and allows us to do significant things we could not otherwise afford to do to develop our sport.
At the end of the day- a ball is a ball and both teams use the same one. The experience of most in any sport is that people will train and get used to the official ball.
I would recommend you do the same as I believe Conti have just signed on for another 4 years!
Duncan Cochrane
Chief Referee
ICF Canoe Polo

Re: Canoepolo ball - Please no Conti.. 23 Jul 2014 17:09 #4

• michielv
  • Platinum Boarder
I've yet to play with a Conti ball yet but then again, we are currently playing South of the lowest social polo level ;-) so we use whatever we can. We have a few different balls, Epsan and Mikasa and although I like the Mikasa a lot better I guess it is all a matter of practicing and getting used to any ball.

I guess I am with Duncan on this one, considering any decent sponsorship is hard to find and a long term support like this one is good for our sports.

BTW: I might change my mind after playing with a Conti ball but I'm sure I can blame the ref for losing the game ;-)

Cheers, Michiel
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.75 seconds